If you are planning to visit the beautiful hill station of Mussoorie, then care should be taken to plan the itinerary much in advance. Also, you need to undertake proper and thorough research to make sure that you better understand the things that you are to do when in the town of Mussoorie. Otherwise, the chances of missing the important ones will be high. From New Delhi, this quaint little town is just a seven hour drive and offers splendid and panoramic view of the majestic Himalayan range. Its scenic backdrop, combined with mysticism and assortment of tranquillity is what helps to serve as seamless location exclusively for vacationer, honeymooners and trekkers.
Checking in at the best India hotel Mussoorie can help you to maximize your comfort and enjoy the trip to the full.
Some popular tourist attractions that are a must visit
- Jwalaji Temple: It is also called Benog Hill, located at height of over 2000M. This place does offer the tourists with mesmerizing view of Yamuna Valley.
- Nag Devta Temple: Visiting this temple that is dedicated to the almighty Lord Shiva is sure to give you peace of mind, satisfaction and happiness. It is on the way to Dehradun and 6 km away from Mussoorie.
- Kempty Falls: This fall is located just 15 kms away from the town of Mussoorie and boasts of having lush greenery around. The sparkling water is said to gush down by about 4500M approx., before getting distributed to five different waterfalls each of which is about 40 ft. approx. Initially, it served as an informal place for the British to hold tea parties and for entertaining people. Therefore, it has derived the name ‘Camp-tea’ that got translated later to Kempty.
- Cloud End: From the Library, it is about 8 kms away and located at the town’s extreme west. It is also considered to be among the initial four bungalows to have been constructed in Mussoorie, way back during the early 1800s. Presently, it has been transformed into a popular resort known as “Clouds End”.
- Camel’s Back: It is regarded to be a four kilometer stretch that begins from Kurli Bazaar, while terminating at the Library Bazaar. This is a rock formation, resembling a camel’s back. The place does offer the tourists with divine sunset view over the huge Himalayan range. You can get to view the different evening shades that melt into one.
- Jharipani Falls & Bhatta Falls: These are considered to be two of the important falls of this region and located with a distance of about 7 and 8.5 km respectively from the main town. For picnic, Bhatta Falls is regarded to be an ideal place, providing beautiful ponds and lakes, while Jharipani is popular for natural tranquil beauty.
- Lal Tibba: It is also called the Depot Hill or the Red Hill. It offers holiday goers with exemplifying scenery of the beautiful Himalayan range, exclusively from a tower of 20 ft high, constructed atop the hill cliff. Located in Landour, it is undoubtedly Mussoorie’s oldest occupied place and the highest point.
The above places of interest are a must visit by every tourist during the trip. You should stay at the Mussoorie best hotels to experience the very best.